T-minus 20 days and counting until the first day of school!
Some of the below dates were shared in July and some are new. Please update your calendar accordingly. GO DRAGONS!!!!
- August 6: CVMS Pool Party 8-9:30 pm at the Cameron Pool-This event is FREE to any 2018-2019 enrolled CVMS student. Thank you for making arrangements for a prompt pick up at 9:30 pm. Family members and friends that are not CVMS students will not be permitted to attend.
- August 7-10 is enrollment from 8 am-2 pm. During this time, students will be able to pick up their schedules and access lockers. It is not a requirement for returning CVMS students to attend. However, anyone needing to enroll as a new student, please enroll your student during this time. Questions? Contact CVMS Counselor Angela McDaniel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 21 is the first day of school. CVMS opens at 7 am and the school day begins at 8 am. Please plan accordingly when dropping off students. CVMS dismisses at 3 pm. Students being picked up will need to remain on the sidewalk in front of the school until their ride arrives. We ask that students do not walk down the drive or across the road for safety purposes. Additionally, please pull all the way to the end of the painted yellow line on the sidewalk when dropping off/picking up. This helps the cars flow smoothly and reduces the traffic on the road. Buses typically take a little longer the first few days of school. Thank you in advance for your patience with arrival and dismissal.
- August 23 is Open House from 5:30-7:30 pm. You may use the CVMS, CIS, or Activities Entrance parking lots. Please enter using the CVMS front door. This is a time for parents and students to tour the school and meet the teachers. We do ask that confidential conversations regarding individual student needs take place at a different time. If you would like to discuss your particular student and his/her needs with a teacher, please contact the teacher via email or phone. We value your student’s privacy.
- August 27 is Picture Day. Details will be sent home as soon as we have them. Thank you for your patience.
8th grade volleyball players: Practice begins August 16th. Parent meeting August 17th. Athletes must have current physical and updated PRIVIT account on file to practice. Click here for 8th grade volleyball game schedule. Click here for 8th grade volleyball parent information letter. Click here for 8th grade volleyball practice schedule. If you have questions, please contact Coach McDaniel at email@example.com.
7th grade volleyball players: Once information is available, it will be shared. In the meantime, if you have questions, please contact Coach Holthaus at firstname.lastname@example.org or Coach Corley at email@example.com.
If you have not signed up for PowerSchool notifications for grades, attendance, and lunch account information, please do so. Click here for details. If you already have access to this information, you do not need to go through the process again.
Need a copy of the CVMS school supply list? Click here. For your convenience, this document was previously delivered to Walmart, Dollar General, and Dollar Tree.