Locker Clean Out and Item Pick Up-STUDENTS PERMITTED IN THE BUILDING
The building will be open from 1-6 each day. To facilitate and not overcrowd the 10 person rule, please use the date and time below to facilitate collecting/turning in of the above items. Please remember PACKET TURN-IN will be at a DIFFERENT DATE AND TIME.
- May 4 1-6 pm: Last Name A-E
- May 5 1-6 pm: Last Name F-J
- May 6 1-6 pm: Last Name K-O
- May 7 1-6 pm: Last Name P-T
- May 8 1-6 pm: Last Name U-Z
During this time, students will need to TAKE HOME: locker contents (grade level, PE and band), medicine (if applicable), and track shirts (if applicable). During this time, students will need to TURN IN: outstanding lunch balances, CVMS library books, teacher library books, and textbooks.
Information About Assignments (Same info shared from last week):
- 2 more assignments (online or packet) for each class are assigned during the weeks of May 4-8 and May 11-15. All assignments will be due May 15. This is a TOTAL of two additional assignments (one per week) from the choice boards already in use. This means students will need to have completed a total of 6 items from the choice boards by May 15.
- ALL ASSIGNMENTS since school closure on March 18 (online and packet) are due May 15. The previous due date of May 4 has changed to May 15.
- When turning in packets, please ensure that the student name is on ALL pages.
- IF YOUR STUDENT IS A PACKET LEARNER AND COMPLETED ALL 6 OF THE 10 CHOICE ASSIGNMENTS EARLY, THEY ARE WELCOME TO TURN IN ALL ASSIGNMENTS DURING THE DESIGNATED TIMES ACCORDING TO LAST NAMES LISTED ABOVE. If your student does not have the packet assignments completed by the date listed above, that’s fine. These can be turned in on May 14 @ 1-6pm OR on May 15 @ 1-6 pm. Again, assignments are not technically due until May 15. Students will not be permitted in the building during this time (May 14 & 15), so please plan on having your student clean out his/her locker NEXT WEEK.
- IF YOUR STUDENTS IS AN ONLINE LEARNER WHO HAS BORROWED A CHROMEBOOK FROM THE SCHOOL AND HAS COMPLETED ALL PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ASSIGNMENTS AND THE 6 OF 10 CHOICE ASSIGNMENTS, THEY MAY TURN IN THE CHROMEBOOK AND POWER CORD AT THE DATES LISTED ABOVE BY LAST NAME. If your student needs to continue to use the Chromebook for school assignments, that’s fine. These can be turned in on May 14 @ 1-6pm OR on May 15 @ 1-6 pm. Assignments are not technically due until May 15.Students will not be permitted in the building during this time (May 14 & 15), so please plan on having your student clean out his/her locker NEXT WEEK.
- Again: All assignments are technically due May 15. However, if all 6 of the 10 choices are completed along with the assignments from March 24 and March 30, you are welcome to turn in packets/Chromebooks and power cords when you come for locker clean out (listed above according to last name). Thank you for your patience as we tackle this task.
For student grades:
THANK YOU for your assistance with student work. 4th Quarter grades were determined during the COVID-19 building closure. Grades should be updated weekly for online learners. For packet learners, they will be updated upon turning the packet and teachers grading the information. All grades will be updated online for view by the end of the day on May 22.
Teachers are available via email from 9-11 am daily. If you have a question about building protocol, please contact Principal Collins (email@example.com) or Assistant Principal Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How did you do with the challenge of sending a teacher a positive note? Try it again this week...it could even be a teacher that your student had previously. We all like to hear that we are valued and not forgotten. What better time than the present to express your gratitude!!
At CVMS, students and teachers set WIGs earlier this semester. WIGs are Wildly Important Goals. Ask your student how he/she is reaching their goal while at home. How can you help them meet their goal? If they met their goal, what’s another realistic one that can be set and attained?
If you have questions about food delivery, please contact Donna Frazier (email@example.com).
Cameron R-I Schools is currently planning to provide a summer school session during the month of June. Notification of changes will be sent to parents and guardians. There is an online registration to complete and paper option available during learning packet pick-up. Please direct all questions and concerns for students in grades 4th through 12th to Michael Wernimont at firstname.lastname@example.org.