The school building is closed for the remainder of the year. Here are some important details you need to know regarding the work for the rest of the school year.
For Locker Clean Out and Item Return:
- Please use the days and times listed below to have your student come get their belongings from the school. Only 10 people will be permitted in the school at a time, so your patience is appreciated if a line develops. Please practice social distancing while in line and in the building.
- During this time, students will need to TAKE HOME: locker contents (grade level, PE and band), medicine (if applicable), and track shirts (if applicable).
- During this time, students will need to TURN IN: outstanding lunch balances, CVMS library books, teacher library books, and textbooks.
- For those students who ordered yearbooks, we are looking into when these will be available. Again, thank you for your patience.
The building will be open from 1-6 each day. To facilitate and not overcrowd the 10 person rule, please use the date and time below to facilitate collecting/turning in of the above items. Please remember PACKET TURN-IN will be at a DIFFERENT DATE AND TIME.
- May 4 from 1-6 pm: Last Name A-E
- May 5 from 1-6 pm: Last Name F-J
- May 6 from 1-6 pm: Last Name K-O
- May 7 from 1-6 pm: Last Name P-T
- May 8 from 1-6 pm: Last Name U-Z
For Previous and NEW assignments:
- 2 additional assignments (online or packet) for each class are assigned during the weeks of May 4-8 and May 11-15. All assignments will be due May 15. This is a TOTAL of two additional assignments (one per week) from the choice boards already in use. This means students will need to have completed a total of 6 items from the choice boards by May 15.
- ALL ASSIGNMENTS since school closure on March 18 (online and packet) are due May 15. The previous due date of May 4 has changed to May 15.
- When turning in packets, please ensure that the student name is on ALL pages.
- IF YOUR STUDENT IS A PACKET LEARNER AND COMPLETED ALL 6 OF THE 10 CHOICE ASSIGNMENTS EARLY, THEY ARE WELCOME TO TURN IN ALL ASSIGNMENTS DURING THE DESIGNATED TIMES ACCORDING TO LAST NAMES LISTED ABOVE. If your student does not have the packet assignments completed by the date listed above, that’s fine. These can be turned in on May 14 from 1-6pm OR on May 15 from 1-6 pm, however students will not be permitted in the building during that time. All items from inside the building should be picked up at the times listed above. Again, assignments are not technically due until May 15.
- IF YOUR STUDENTS IS AN ONLINE LEARNER WHO HAS BORROWED A CHROMEBOOK FROM THE SCHOOL AND HAS COMPLETED ALL PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ASSIGNMENTS AND THE 6 OF 10 CHOICE ASSIGNMENTS, THEY MAY TURN IN THE CHROMEBOOK AND POWER CORD AT THE DATES LISTED ABOVE BY LAST NAME. If your student needs to continue to use the Chromebook for school assignments, that’s fine. These can be turned in on May 14 @ 1-6pm OR on May 15 @ 1-6 pm. Again, assignments are not technically due until May 15.
- Again: All assignments are technically due May 15. However, if all 6 of the 10 choices are completed along with the assignments from March 24 and March 30, you are welcome to turn in packets/Chromebooks and power cords when you come for locker clean out (listed above according to last name). Thank you for your patience as we tackle this task.
For student grades:
Grades should be updated by teachers weekly for online learners. For packet learners, they will be updated upon turning the packet and teachers grading the information. All grades will be updated online for view by the end of the day on May 22.
As stated many times over the past weeks, teachers are available via email from 9-11 am daily. If you have a question about building protocol, please contact Principal Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Assistant Principal Fisher (email@example.com).