I can't believe a new school year is about to start! Another opportunity for a celebration of firsts...first day, first class, first locker, first new friend...what an exciting time for our Dragons!!!
Here are a few pieces of information that you might find helpful.
- Sales Tax Discount Weekend is August 2-4
- CVMS Summer Fun Flier (details on the pool party, enrollment/schedule pick-up, Back to School Night)
- Enrollment/Schedule Pick-Up is a great opportunity for students to put their supplies in their locker, pick up their schedule, drop off paperwork, and enroll new students.
- MAP test scores will be available at enrollment/schedule pick-up and Back to School Night. Any not picked up will be sent home with students once school starts.
- The Cameron R-1 staff will be participating in an intruder drill on Wednesday, August 14. Because we are working with local first responders, you will see some emergency vehicles around campus.
- The district continues to remain diligent on the safety of our students, staff and visitors. We will be using Raptor Technology for visitor badges. This system will scan your driver’s license to provide you with a picture on your visitor tag. Your initial visit to the school might take a little longer, as we get you set up into the system. After your first visit, you will be in the system and you shouldn’t need to repeat the process. Thank you for supporting us in our mission to focus on safety. We hope to have this up and running soon!
- First day of school is on Thursday, August 15. CVMS doors open at 7 am. Our school is from 8 am until 3 pm. Please plan accordingly for drop-off and pick-up.
- If you would like to request paper copies of grade cards, please contact the front office at 816.882.1041.
- CVMS Supply List
- Bus Transportation Letter
- CVMS Handbook
- PowerSchool Sign Up Information